Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter & Updates

First, Happy Easter everyone! I just got back from a beautiful outside service at Gleason Park with Church for the Beach. I was worried it would be super hot (I'm wearing a dress with a cardigan) but then I remembered that I am The Amish One and live practically without air conditioning, plus all the chairs were set up nicely in the shade of the trees, and it was perfect. The music was great, the message was great, and it really got me into the "Easter mood".

As far as updates, there aren't really any... except that the whole fiance visa process probably won't begin until the end of summer. There was never a question that I am going to Nica this summer, just like every summer, because we don't know the next time I'll be able to be there in summer and I want to be able to spend all of July doing what I love to do down there. Plus, the entire visa process will cost a lot of money, and it's just something we're not able to do right now. Things should be better at the end of summer, so we will most likely file the paperwork at the end of July or beginning of August, when I am starting my school year back up.

There is no way to tell right now what the timeframe will be, but from what I am reading in most places, the visa process can take anywhere from 3-6 months. (And in case you don't know, the requirements of the fiance visa are that we have to get married within 90 days of Jorge setting foot in the US.) So my best guess (and it is definitely just that, a guess) is that we may be looking at a wedding anywhere from December of this year to April of 2012. While I definitely want him to come sooner, I have always pictured myself getting married in March or April, especially because I picture most of the event taking place outdoors. But, just like with everything else, it's in God's hands and ultimately, it will be perfect because it will be in His timing.

As far as the wedding, it will be super small and intimate, and like I said, be mostly outside. And I think it will be perfect. I have never been the type of girl to dream about a big, lavish wedding, or to browse wedding dresses or rings online. I have, however, thought about how to make a beautiful day out of very little. My only major requirement is that it be a day in which we celebrate our love with touches of both of our cultures and both of our languages. When it comes down to it though, I honestly don't care what it ends up being like, as long as my groom is there and we get married. The rest is just icing on the cake (there WILL at least be cake :)).

Enjoy your absolutely gorgeous Easter Sunday! I am enjoying a quiet day getting some stuff done and then will get to spend time with some great friends for dinner tonight. and all the while I am hoping and praying that this is the last major holiday I spend not being at Jorge's side.


1 comment:

Jenny said...

!!! I didn't know that about the 90 days!